The Guidance Department at OLV strives to assist the school in its mission to educate the whole child, mind, body, and spirit. We are blessed at OLV to have two highly qualified staff members head up our Guidance department. Dr. Marueen Shalinksi and Mrs. Mersayda Paul. Dr. Shalinski will run the testing, SST, and admissions programs in the guidance department while Ms. Paul will assist with VIRTUS training and classroom guidance for students.
Students, we are your advocates! If you need assistance with emotional, social, academic, or career guidance, we are here for you.
Parents do not hesitate to email, call or visit us if you have any concerns regarding your child, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Always putting God first, we know it is going to be a great year. Go Patriots!
Guidance services are provided by the counselor for all students through individual and/or small group counseling, classroom guidance lessons, appointments with parents, and discussions with teachers.
Parents may call me at any time for a telephone conference or to set up an appointment.
We are available to assist parents or teachers in finding assistance with any area of concern. If we cannot help, we will assist with finding a professional in the community to aid with items, not in my area of expertise.
- Issues to Discuss with the School Counselor
- Concerns over student achievement/study skills
- Peer relations/social skills
- Special needs of their child
- Family difficulties or concerns
- Changes in the family
- Any issue which is affecting the academic and/or emotional well-being of the child
- How Does a Student See the School Counselor?
- Self-referral (by signing up at the Guidance Office or by telling their parent or teacher)
- Request of a teacher
- Parent referral
- Administrative referral
- Referral by a friend